Exam I (Chapters 1-3)
Part I. Mini-Essays: Write short essays (about 2/3 page each) on two of the key terms listed below. Relate the item to events and concepts we have studied to show how it is important to our understanding of early world history. Please include at least one picture with each of the key terms and tell in a couple sentences how each picture adds to our understanding of the history.
Sumerians Bantu Migrations
- click here for more information on this paper
Part II. Longer Essays. Write essays of about 1 ½ pages each on two of the following questions. You may include pictures on this part, also, if you like, and explain how they add to our understanding.Please make sure the topics you cover in these essays are different from what you write about in Part I.
- Prehistory. Describe some of the key developments in the Paleolithic and Neolithic eras. How does an understanding of prehistory help us understand the history that follows? (Chapter 1)
- Culture. Give examples of how you see culture developing in Chapters 1-3. You may want to give attention to several factors, such as migration, trade, and written language.
- Cities. Explain the key factors in the early growth of cities. Compare a few cities we have studied in Chapters 2 and 3. What might explain the differences?
- Mesopotamia and the Nile Valley. Compare the early civilizations of these two areas. What interesting similarities and differences do you see? How would you explain the similarities as well as the differences?
- Civilization. What are the key elements of a civilization? Of all the societies we have studied, which one do you think was the best to live in? Explain some of the key factors that made it successful. What do you think we could learn if we were able to visit?
Keys for Success:
- Explain your points simply, like you would to another student.
- Write in short paragraphs.
- Use specific examples from our readings and class discussion.
- Relate your answers to major concepts and trends we have covered.
- When you use pictures, tell how each picture helps us understand the topic.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"