Top of Form
Purpose of Assignment
The theory of market economies emphasizes freedom of choice and limited government intervention. The classic argument for government intervention is market failure – the inability of the market economy to correct itself from a dysfunctional state (such as the Great Depression). Students will examine articles from the University Library to analyze real-world examples of U.S. government intervention programs and apply current week readings to make intelligent conclusions about the economic policies.
· Government Intervention Grading Guide The assignment was originally a Powerpoint Presentation; use the content portion of the guide and ignore the parts about the Powerpoint.
· Tutorial help on Excel and Word functions can be found on the Microsoft Office website. There are also additional tutorials via the web offering support for Office products.
Locate up to three different articles/publications and/or use The Economist Online. Examine one case of significant government intervention as it relates to your current industry of employment or an industry in which you are interested in working. You may access EBSCOhost, ProQuest or The Economist Online.
Examples of intervention programs you may select, but are not limited to:
· US agriculture support programs
· Low income support programs (Food Stamps, Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
· Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
· Low-income rent controls and housing vouchers
· Government promotion of renewable energy sources to
The post Economy (ECO/561) appeared first on best homeworkhelp.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.